12 Maths Gems + 1 Extra Gem for Parents and Teachers
12 MATHS GEMS
* The 12 Maths Gems are quality resources I recommend for home-schooling.
* You will find them linked to many lessons in the K7Maths Public Lessons Calendar.
* I have also listed them here as they are really handy as 'go to' teaching resources.
4 RESOURCE GEMS
Maths Vocabulary Guide
Maths Glossary for Children
Maths Paper Resources
Reflective Learning Tables
8 TEACHING GEMS
Khan Academy Teaching Videos (click on the Courses menu)
LearnAlberta 'Maths Interactives Lessons'
LearnAlberta 'Maths Live Video Lessons'
ABC Teaching Videos
PBS Teaching Videos
IXL Maths (practice games for skills)
Splash Math for K-5 (practice games for skills)
THE EXTRA 13TH GEM - AN EASY TO USE HOME-SCHOOL PACKAGE
* The information below is, arguably, the easiest way to set up home-schooling lessons
* Especially if you are juggling work and home-schooling multiple children.
* Once you are set up the daily time allocation will be minimal on your part.
For Most Subject Areas Go Here (English, Spelling, Reading, Science....)
* Education.com is releasing free, good quality Independent Study Packs for Pre-K to Y5.
* The weekly Study Packs are suitable for children to do with minimal direct parent input.
* You can access the Packs at: www.education.com/workbooks/?sort=dateCreated
For Mathematics Go Here
* K7Maths has daily maths lessons on our Public Lessons calendar for K-Year 7.
* The Lessons are free for 25 weeks and there is no obligation to subscribe.
* Children can do many of the printable Activities with minimal direct parent input.
* Click on Join at the right of the menu bar above.
* When you are logged in click on the Planning menu>Public Lessons.
* Scroll to the current school week on the Public Lessons calendar.
* Click on the coloured bar for your daily lesson (for any year level).
* For more, click on Parents and K7Maths Public Lessons.ppt