Do You Support Reflective Learning?assessing Teaching
Reflective learning is a key component of planning, teaching, assessing.
* A short PowerPoint presentation - Reflective Learning.ppt - is provided below.
* Reflective learning rubrics 1-11 are provided below as PDF files.
* A short precis on journal writing as a form of reflection - Journal Starters for Mathematics - is provided below.
Why Reflective Learning?
* Research shows the best 'reflectors' are the best goal-setters and best learners
* By sharing ideas, insights and knowledge students move to new levels of understanding
* At the same time reflective learning greatly enhances the memory of ideas
* Some children will come to school as intuitive reflective learners
* Others come with the need for 'everyday' experience with reflection